Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful blog #6










Fall in Love

Have you ever been in love? I remember the first time I met Eddie (my husband) We were at a swimming party for perspective YoungLife leaders. I remember feeling kinda weird because I did not know many people there. I was standing awkwardly in the shallow end of the pool with a friend, when this good looking guy(eddie) dove off the diving board and swam underwater all the way to the shallow end and when he came up for air he was right in front of me. I kid you not, at that moment it was as if we were the only 2 people in the pool. My body froze, I could not move and speaking was out of the question. This fine guy looked me in the eyes with a hypnotic gaze and smiled this dreamy smile and introduced himself and said he had wanted to meet me. I honestly don't think I responded and I blinked and all of a sudden there was splashing and talking and moving and Eddie was gone. Feeling so stupid I got out of the pool grabbed my stuff and left. I thought I'd blown my chances of ever meeting him again but a couple of days later he called and asked me out.Three and a half years later we were married. We have been married for 23 years and my heart still skips a beat when he calls my name.
This morning I was sitting in church worshiping The Lord with my family and I was overwhelmed with how very much I love Him. So today I am thankful for falling completely head over hills in love with Jesus. There is nothing quite like being in love. And there is no love that compares to the love of Jesus. His love for you and His love for me is infinite, and there is nothing that can separate you from His love. I love in Isaiah43 verse 1 where it says "Fear  not! For I have redeemed you! I have called you by name! You are mine!" I love that He has called me by name! And I absolutely positively love that I am His. So fall in love with Jesus today and be thankful for it with me!
love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment