Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful blog #13










Out With the GirlsI was jogging today and Ingrid Michaelson came on my ipod. I'm not sure of the name of the song but the first line of the songs says, "They say that home is where the heart is, I guess I haven't found my home...."I've heard that song a million times and I don't know why I chose today to dwell on those lines. I think it's because my house is full today and it's so nice having everyone home for the holidays. Today the boys went fishing so the girls spent the day together. So today I am so thankful for girl time. We had such a wonderful day! When Eddie and the boys got home I could hardly wait to tell him all about our day. We ran to the grocery store and I gave him every detail of the day. Funny, the day was nothing spectacular, but every minute was special and memorable. Towns and I began with a long run.  MaryCam and KK met us at the end and we got a drink and snack and people watched while we talked. Then we window shopped and ended back home and we fixed a big lunch. We spent the afternoon talking and reading and being together. I really didn't want the day to end. Once the boys got home we fixed dinner and put in a movie. Just a normal day. I love a normal day when everybody is home. "They say that home is where the heart is..." Where is your heart?  Think about it. Is that an easy question for you or not such an easy question? The song writer says she hasn't found her home. There is something about that line that breaks my heart. Where do you make your home? I hope you have found your home! I hope your home is a safe place for you. I hope you find love beyond measure in your home. Today I am thankful for spending the day with the girls. I hope you find just as much pleasure in the small things. Home is where the heart is. Where is your heart?
Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment