Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankful Blog #18










Away in a Manger

Today I was in a little boutique and as I made my way to the back of the shop there was a precious little boy about three years old sitting on this very "fru fru" sofa eating a double doozie chocolate chip cookie. Do i even have to tell you he had icing all over his sweet face and fingers. I wish you could have seen the face of the precious woman that was helping me. I am just loving watching this little man enjoy every bite of his cookie and the sales woman  is obviously disgusted and seems to be awkwardly distancing herself from him as if he had coodies. After a few minutes his mama scooped him up in her arms, icing and all and headed for the door. She snuggled him close and pretended to nibble his cookie. Before they even made it to the door, the mama was covered in icing. It was a sweet picture. Honestly it reminded me of how Jesus scoops me up and holds me close no matter how much icing I have on my hands. I am far from perfect. I have made more than my share of mistakes. My heavenly Father doesn't distance Himself from me, instead He runs to me and His love covers my sin. Because of His grace I am forgiven and I am loved. I am His and nothing can separate me from His love. Today I am thankful for God's grace and forgiveness towards me. He loves me icing and all. Love love love Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Love this painting and love the gift God has given you to express so sweetly the words He wants every person who reads your blog to hear.

    ReplyDelete