Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful blog #12










A Car Ride Today

I am thankful for a car ride!  Today my family spent the day in the country. We took three different vehicles because the boys like to have their trucks in case they need some kind of tool. Anyway it just meant that the girls and I got to ride together in the car and talk non stop! I love that!
A while back I read a book, The 5 Love Languages and I learned that I love to receive love through physical touch and closeness. It doesn't mean that I have to be hugging all the time, I just like being with those I love.
I will never forget one time I told Eddie I was having a cruddy day and I just wanted him to know. ( Just between me and you I think it's a good thing to let your man know what your feeling because if you wait for him to read your mind you're going to be disappointed every time. ) Anyway, it was a Saturday and sweet thing I knew he had a list of things he wanted to do that day, but he put his list aside and turned into this incredible machine. He cut the yard, cleaned the kitchen, folded the laundry, and the list goes on. At the end of the day I was weepy and my cup was completely empty. He looked at me like ..What? He went over the list that he had done and couldn't believe that I was not doing good. When I explained all I really wanted him to do was sit with me and be where I was. He was stunned that's all I needed. When he runs errands I love to ride in the car with him. I just like being where he is, and when we are in the car I get him all to myself.  I love a car ride. I loved being with the girls in the car today because we were together without distractions and we really got to talk. I love knowing what they think about and sharing stories and jamming out to the radio. It's a good thing. Next time you're in the car with your children or your spouse, turn off your phone and relish the moments.  It's pretty cool and you might just learn something. Today I am so thankful for car rides!
Thanks for stopping by!!!! Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment