Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful blog #11










I love happys

I could hardly wait to write this blog, and I can't keep it in any longer, I am so thankful for happys. If you have ever received a happy you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't know what a "happy" is, it's when someone thinks of you and surprises you with a sweet little treat for absolutely no reason! I must admit my day was a little over packed and I knew it. It was one of those days where you put a smile on and just do each thing on the list until it's complete.  They were not hard things or bad things, just a lot of things. Anyway, after my workout(the only fun thing on my list today) I walked out to my car and there was a gift bag hanging on my door handle. If there had been a hidden camera you would have seen a smile spread across my face a mile wide. I looked around to see if I could see any clue as to who might have left me a treat, and then I just remember laughing. I hadn't even looked inside the bag and my heart was flying and my day went from ordinary to fabulous in about 2 seconds. I jumped in my car and shut the door just so I could take it all in. I know that sounds crazy, but it's amazing what a happy will do to you. Like a child at Christmas, I peeked in the bag and I spied a note. I pulled it out with incredible anticipation. It read"Happy Beach. Happy having all your family together. Happy Thanksgiving! soooooo thankful for you! I cried and laughed all at the same time.
As I looked through the rest of the bag, I found cookies wrapped in ribbon and cellophane and some delicious chocolate covered snack mix. I just sat there with a huge smile on my face and an even larger lump in my throat. There was no name on the card so I sat there wondering who could have done this. Someone knew my schedule, my car... but the best part? Somebody thought about me. Somebody took time out of their day to make me treats and make my day. I sent a few texts asking who might have dropped me a happy and then I thought, do I want to know? Maybe I do but maybe I don't. Then my phone buzzed and I could not open the text fast enough. My precious friend replied, "Maybe :)" That text sent me over the moon! It's crazy how something as little as a happy can touch your heart in such a big way. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me feel special. Yes, that's it! It made me feel special!
It blew me away to know someone was thinking about me today. It also challenged me to send a happy to someone. Yes it takes a little time and it takes a little effort, but I am a testimony that it makes a really BIG impact! So, go send a happy to a friend for no reason other than you love them and you are thankful for them. And to my sweet friend, thank you for thinking of me! I am thankful for you!
Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment