Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Night (Day 4 November Challenge)

 I love sunday night. I love the way our preacher invites us to close out the day with the Lord. I love that. Tonight worship was so sweet! The music was a vital part of our worship. We actually met before the service just to sing. It was beautiful and such an amazing way to prepare our hearts for worship. There is nothing like hearing all those voices singing together with such joy and such passion. I wish I could describe to you the feeling in my heart as we sang the song "In Christ Alone!" Truly, I have no words.

In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song;                                              this cornerstone, this solid ground, Firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace, When fears are stilled, when strivings cease! My comforter, my all in all. Here in the love of Christ I stand.

It's amazing what music can do. It is so powerful. Tonight I am thankful for song! Psalm 100 says "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord" I love that! Psalm 81:1-2 says "Sing for joy to God our strength. Raise a song, strike the timbrel,the sweet sounding lyre with the harp. Psalm 66:2 says "Sing the glory of His name, Make His praise glorious!" Sing! Sing! Sing!!!! Sing to the top of your lungs! I love it! God loves it! He wants to hear you sing to Him! So raise your voice and praise His name! Sing loud and high!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

Sing! Sing! Sing!      Love love love Ruthie

 

2 comments:

  1. I always love Sunday evening worship at Trinity! Last night's songs were wonderful to sing. I was real pleased with how well the women's ensemble sang, too. There was a larger crowd than usual and that was exciting. I'm VERY thankful for all the worship opportunities at Trinity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful we live in a country where we are free to worship. Can you imagine having to hide while praising our Lord!! We are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete