Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Beautiful Feet

[caption id="attachment_1562" align="alignleft" width="100"] SweetArt Collection[/caption]

Thank you for stopping by! today I'm thankful for shoes! I think you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear. If you were to look in my closet you would find too many pairs of running shoes, a lot of boots, three or four pairs of clogs from college, Chacos, of course, and only one pair of heels. I am laughing so hard right now. So, what did you learn about me? Well, the large number of running shoes should tell you that I love to exercise. I also love to be comfortable and I'm the girl that thinks running shoes go with anything. In my opinion, if ever in doubt of what shoes to wear, always choose boots. If we're being honest, ever since I could talk I wanted to be on stage singing country music and wearing really cool boots. Hence the number of boots in my closet. They don't make clogs like they use to so I held on to mine. If the truth be known, I'm probably a little hipster at heart. (My kids would say A LOT) Chacos are a must! They are a summer running shoe, comfortable, durable, and go with everything. The only dressy shoes I own are a black pair of heels. I suppose every girl needs a classic pair of black heels. So I guess you learned I'm all about comfort, I sing country music in my car, I'm a little hipster, I love summer, and I rarely dress up. Can you believe you learned all that from just peeking in my closet at my shoes?

I do love a fun pair of shoes, and I do think they boldly describe my personality without saying a word. However, I don't want to be known or defined by my shoes. As crazy as it sounds, I want to be known for my feet.

How beautiful are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good mews of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God Reigns!"  Isaiah 52:7

Wherever my feet take me I want to be a witness of God's precious grace and mercy. I want to share His love and free gift of salvation. I want the whole world to know how much they are loved by God and to fall head over heels in love with Him. I want you to know Him. I want to have beautiful feet!

Love love love Ruthie                                                                                                           Don't forget to leave a comment and be automatically entered for my November giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. ok aside from my shoes...what do my multicolored striped socks with each individual toe a different color say about me?scarrryyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ! I did have to look up "Chacos " really LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane! Fox and I were stalking your gallery today!He loves watercolor and you are such an inspiration to him! We LOVE your blog and gallery!!!! LOve love love! AND, you need chacos!!! They are the best! love love love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie! Not sure what that says...Hahahahaha! Maybe that you are crazy fun and I adore you! love love love R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesssss, shoes are so so telling!
    I agree, boots and chacs are the way to go :)
    Love your blog Mrs. Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caris!!!! Thank you for reading my blog! You are precious and I love following you on instagram! You have always had beautiful feet! love love love R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruthie, I so adore you and I don't even know you. Where I grew up...I never meet or knew people like you existed! What I mean by that....You are so on fire for the Lord and your Passion for you family and just life in general inspires me to have a little of that too!! Keep up the "Good Work"...I can only imagine how our Father smiles down on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy!!! I sent you an email I think! But thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement!!!! Your words totally sent me to the moon and back! Thank you thank you! R

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruthie, you do have beautiful feet! (of course, I've never seen your feet, but you know what I mean.) You make me want to have beautiful feet too!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete