Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Run (Day 8 November Challenge)

 I'm so glad you stopped by! I love fridays! I'm always thankful for friday, but today I'm thankful for my run. Towns surprised me and came home for dinner and spent the night. What a special treat for all of us! She had to go back for class and work on friday, but before she left we got to run together. It was so much fun! We clocked out about a 6 1/2 mile trail and hit the road. The weather was perfect and the company was the best! I usually run by myself with my IPod, and I had forgotten how nice it was to run with a friend. The best part was that Towns did most of the talking so I was able to keep up with her without running out of breath. We talked about everything from the love of her life to what she wants to be when she grows up! I love hearing every thought and every dream. There is something freeing about being out on the road jogging and talking and laughing. It was my favorite part of the day today!

In Genesis 3 verse 8 it says that Adam and Eve heard God walking in the garden in the cool of the day.  They knew the sound of Him walking in the garden because they had obviously walked with Him in the garden before. How cool is that? I love that! Imagine Adam and Eve walking with God in the cool of the day just talking, sharing thoughts and dreams. I love it! The same God that walked with Adam and Eve waits patiently for us to invite Him to walk with us and share our thoughts and dreams. He stands ready to listen to your every word. Don't make Him wait any longer. Invite Him in. You won't regret it. I promise.

Today I am thankful for my run with Towns. I am thankful that my Heavenly Father waits and walks with me every day. He fills me with His presence, and I am overwhelmed by His love and grace towards me. He waits for you. Turn your IPod off and walk with Him today!

Love love love Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. Love that you and Towns had a wonderful run together and what you said about our walk with God was fabulous. He has so gifted you with the ability to write in such a wonderful clear way, a way we all feel but can't express. Thanks for saying it for us. I always look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my girl leaving for college in 9 short months, I can only imagine how excited you are for those surprise visits!! So thankful God blessed us with our girls!!!

    ReplyDelete