Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Twenty Six Valentines

[caption id="attachment_1780" align="alignleft" width="584"]Oil on gallery wrapped canvas. 16x20 Oil on gallery wrapped canvas. 16x20[/caption]

It is definitely Valentines at our house! We made valentines all weekend and sweet treats too! (I will post those tomorrow) I was making my valentines and I thought it's kind of crazy we blow it out on "love" only one day a year. I love "love"! But, I guess if valentines came more than once a year it would not be as special. I would love to tell you it's valentines day at my house every day, but the truth is life gets busy. I find myself thinking lots of sweet things but forgetting to say them out loud, especially to my husband. I am quick to encourage my children in everything they do, but it seems that when my husband gets home I am all "encouraged" out. Not good! So I decided that I would send him twenty six valentines. Everyday in February I am giving my husband a valentine. I realize there are twenty eight days in the month, but I am using the alphabet to inspire my idea. Every day I am taking a letter of the alphabet and encouraging my husband with a valentine. For example the letter "A." On a simple heart I jot him a note of how "A"mazing he is. For the letter "B" how "B"rave he is. You get the idea. For the extra two days in February, I will either miss two days or do a little treat or goodie. After he reads his heart, he ties it to the chandelier above the kitchen table. Very cool! Who doesn't want to be encouraged? This is an easy, quick and creative way to love someone and encourage them twenty six times. It can be anyone that you love! Try it! Let me know how it goes. Valentines only comes once a year! Make it special! Do something out of the ordinary. Think outside the box. Encourage someone twenty six times! It will make Valentines your favorite day of the year! Thank you for stopping by! love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment