Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Wish I had Wings

 

IMG_1284  I am so glad you stopped by! A couple of days ago I was in the store and a grandmother and her grand daughter were strolling down my isle. The little girl was precious and couldn't have been more than three years old. She was holding on to the side of the buggy as her grandmother slowly made her way down the isle. I got tickled because the grandmother was just chatting away and the little girl was not paying her any attention. It was obvious the little girl was lost in her own thoughts and out of the blue she says, "I wish I had wings." The grandmother stops in mid sentence and says, "What?" The little girl was looking straight ahead and casually said. "I wish I had wings." The grandmother was hilarious as she repeated the comment as if she had not heard correctly, "You wish you had wings?" They

[caption id="attachment_1797" align="alignright" width="224"]Mix media class. Alice is the fastest worker and has the biggest smile! Mix media class. Alice is the fastest worker and has the biggest smile![/caption]

had passed me at this point and I could only see the little girls pony tails bouncing up and down as she nodded in agreement with her grandmother.  As they were leaving my isle, I heard her ask her grand daughter, "What would you do if you had wings?"

I would have given anything to jump in the buggy that day and listen to every detail about those wings. I can only imagine what she would have done with those wings. The creativity and imagination of children is inspiring! I remember those days! I remember spending hours playing in the back yard with my friend Bicky imagining princes and princesses and horses and robbers and castles and all that very cool stuff. I remember going to work with my daddy and sitting at his artist's desk with tons of markers and stacks of paper. I never sat there wondering what to draw. My brain was full of ideas! The only thing I wondered was if there was more paper! The imagination of a child is limitless. It's fearless.

[caption id="attachment_1798" align="alignleft" width="224"]Tina always makes class more fun! Tina always makes class more fun![/caption]

Why are we so fearful when it comes to being creative? Why do we hold back? Where is our imagination? Why do we sit in front of a canvas or pad of paper and wonder what to paint or make or draw? We were so free to create when we were little. Why is it so different now? Where are our wings? We do have wings. We do have creative souls. I know that because the bible says we are created in God's image. We are. You are. You are created in God's image. He is the ultimate creator. He created the universe. Look out your window right now. He created that sky with all those amazing colors. He created that landscape outside your door. It changes every day and somehow grows more beautiful every time I see it. If you have given your life to Christ then He lives in you. The same God that created the universe lives in you!  Do you get that? The Master of color and design lives in your heart. The author or creativity is in you. How cool is that? Remember that next time you are sitting in front of a canvas. Go find your wings and paint! I am so glad you stopped by.  love  love love Ruthie

[caption id="attachment_1802" align="alignleft" width="268"]Mixed media class!!!!! Mixed media class!!!!![/caption]

IMG_1279

 

 

 

[caption id="attachment_1799" align="alignleft" width="224"]Dee Dee Awesome! Keep layering!!!! Dee Dee Awesome! Keep layering!!!![/caption]

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1281

No comments:

Post a Comment