Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pool Party

[caption id="attachment_1859" align="aligncenter" width="584"]Red Bird Oil on Canvas Red Bird
Oil on Canvas[/caption]

I am so glad you stopped by! What a gorgeous morning! The sky is breathtaking in different shades of blue, and the sun is a sight to behold. Oh how I've missed seeing  the sun! Honestly, the sky has been filled with clouds for so long that I have struggled to be excited about the day. Ah, but today the sun fills my kitchen with warmth and joy! I almost feel like laughing out loud! I wish you could be here to see all the birds in my back yard. They're having a pool party! It's the perfect day for it, and they've obviously invited every one they know. There are lots of puddles left over from the enormous amounts of rain we've had, and I think every bird from the neighborhood is splashing around in my yard before the sun dries it all up. I can hardly pull myself away from the window, the birds are fascinating!

You can't imagine my thought process. As I watch the birds flitting from puddle to puddle, I wonder if they know each other or if they're friends or if they're family. Do they speak to each other...obviously they do because somebody had to have spread the word about the massive pool party! They each seem to have little personalities. Some are smack dab in the middle of the puddle, while others are slightly more cautious and stay closer to the side  of the pool. There is also a group that has had enough water and is hanging around the snack bar. Then there is the group too cool for school basking in the sun on the perfect branch high above the crowd. The interesting thing to me is, no matter how fun, how cautious, how hungry, or how cool, none of them have a cell phone, grocery list, or even a towel to dry off with when they get out of the pool. They are having a fabulous morning without a care in the world. They have everything they need.

It reminds me of the verse in Matthew 6:26, " Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns and yet  your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"  The answer is YES! Yes you are worth so much more to God than the birds, and just look at how He provides for them! He clothes them in the finest of feathers, not to mention the brilliant colors and designs. He provides their food, shelter, friends, and even pool parties. But for you, His beloved, His gifts are beyond compare. He loves you with an everlasting love! Did you hear that? Everlasting love! You can't earn it. You certainly don't deserve it. He loves you for you. He loves you so much that He even sacrificed the life of His only Son that you might receive His free gift of salvation. You are worth more. You are loved.

Soak up some sunshine today! Live today with the joy of knowing that you are loved. Love love love Ruthie

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment