Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Valentine Treat

IMG_1270

 

I am so glad you stopped by! I've gained 20 pounds since yesterday because we have made some delicious Valentine treats! I am kidding, but sweet treats are the best! This is a new twist on an old favorite! We made rice krispie treats! I actually had to google the recipe. I changed it a little. It was so good, I just had to share it with you! I melted 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. I then added 16 oz of big marshmallows. I melted those in the microwave. (30 second intervals, stirring in between) Once the marshmallows were melted I added 8 cups of rice krispies. Mix it all together and then put it into a 9x12 pan. My helpful hint of the day? Once you've put the mix into the pan, grab a piece of tin foil and spray it lightly with pam and press it on top of your rice krispies to pack it tight and flat. (that was my best idea ever!) Put in the refrigerator for about an hour to set. Then pull them out of the fridge, find your favorite heart cookie cutter and cut away.

IMG_1266

 

After my hearts were all cut out, I put them on wooden skewers. (You can find these at walmart in the garden section for like a dollar a bag) Then we melted chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. No double boilers or anything like that! The microwave is fabulous. Melt in 30 second intervals and stir in between. Dip the treat in the chocolate, sprinkle with your favorite topping and Woo Hoo! Fabulous!

IMG_1264

I have to tell you, the rice krispie treat is an oldie but a goodie. Dipped in chocolate makes it that much sweeter! I had forgotten how much fun they were to make and how delicious they are! You have got to try it!

IMG_1267

Once the treats were completely finished, we wrapped each one in cellophane and tied it off with a little piece of raffia. It's amazing what cellophane can do for a treat! If you have a jar or vase, put tissue paper in it and arrange your treats to make a fabulous center piece!

IMG_1272

We had a few marshmallows left over, so we melted white chocolate, added a little red food coloring and dipped the marshmallows. We put the treat on a skewer and sprinkled them with different toppings. My family LOVED these! It is one big bite of sugar! Again, wrap a couple in cellophane and you've got a fabulous treat! This is a yummy dessert for yourself or the perfect "happy" for a friend! Have fun making your valentine treats! Please leave me a comment and let me know how it goes!!!! Thanks for stopping by. Love love love Ruthie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love making Valentine treats, too! Thanks for reminding me how yummy rice krispie treats are!!!

    ReplyDelete