Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stuck in the Studio

I am so glad you stopped by! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my new site! I am excited about it! I've got lots of cool projects this summer, so definitely check in and see what's happening in the Holiday Studio!

Speaking of my studio, I was in there a long time today and accomplished nothing. Do you believe that? As I turned out the lights to leave, I had the thought cross my mind that I can't paint. Heading down the stairs, I thought I can't believe I even have this incredible studio, I'm no artist. Once I reached the last step, I turned to shut the door to the stairwell, and I realized I had a choice. I could surrender to those thoughts or I could take them captive and believe otherwise. Have you ever been there? The mind is a powerful thing! It can take you to incredible heights and help you to overcome tremendous challenges. Yet that one small, simple, negative thought can hurl you to the depths in less that a second. What is that? It's wrong is what that is. It's wrong that we allow the lies to take hold and destroy our day. It's wrong that we surrender to the lies and allow them to grow insecurity. It's wrong that we choose to believe the lie.

So today, when I shut the door to my studio, I chose to say no to satan, the father of lies and believe God, the creator of the universe who created me in His image. I took time off from my studio this afternoon to reflect on God's sweet blessings in my life. He gently reminded me of His goodness and His grace, and He affirmed my gifts that He so graciously gave me. Don't succumb to the father of lies. Instead, listen to the One who created you and filled you with Himself. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow.

I have loved being with you today! Leave me a comment on a time when you listened to lies and struggled to believe truth. I'd love to hear! And may I remind you that you are fearfully and wonderfully made! Love love love Ruthie

3 comments:

  1. Ruthie you are so right. I fight those feelings all the time especially when life gets busy and I don't get to paint one day after another ; busyness is satans way of keeping us away from God as well as putting the wrong messages in our mind. " you are not good enough , that's terrible , you can't do it, worry, doubt and fear.
    I have learned when that happens I give it to God to handle and pray. I then look up passages that tell me who I am in God and how blessed I am. I step back and remember when I keep Him first everyday He will take care of the rest . Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie: Thank you for posting this! I cannot imagine any of us are arrogant, vain, of confident enough to say that we never have a bad day in the studio - a day of doubt and feeling defeated. I have had those times but refuse to let them get the best of me, and I always just give myself a little break, regroup, and think. Ultimately, I pick those brushes back up and usually it's voila! - a successful painting! After years of ups and downs mentally, personally, emotionally, financially, etc., I've come to the conclusion that without the doubts and bad times we would have no measure when it came to the good things and successes. The bad times make the good times all the more sweeter and appreciated. In other words, there would be no good without the bad. It would all just be neutral. Does that make sense? Thank you for another beautiful post! Hope you have a happy and successful day, week, and summer of painting! Lisa

    ReplyDelete