Thursday, June 21, 2012

Loads of Laundry




Hi! I am so glad you stopped by. I love thursdays! This is my day that I try to keep completely open and stay home all day. I love it! It's one reason I posted this painting today. I love it. I love the color. I love how loose and easy it is. It describes my day today in color. I sold this piece and have no idea where it lives, so if you read my blog an own this piece, let me know! I'd love to know where it lives!

Anyway, so my day began with a long slow seven mile jog. (Thank you KK for going with me! I could never have done it without you!) Everyone has gone in different directions today so I have a good bit of time to myself today. MY goal is to be in my studio for a long time! I'm making a gift for my daddy for his birthday. I will definitely blog about it in a couple of days so check back in to see the finished product!

However, before I make it upstairs to my studio, I have to clean my house. I enjoy my time in the studio so much more when my house is in order. MY children are great to help out and do their part, but I have to say I can sometimes do it all a little faster when I'm by myself. The crazy part is, I'll disappear to my studio and when I come down to fix dinner there will inevitably be another load of clothes to wash, cups on the counter, shoes everywhere, tennis rackets on the table, and socks in the den. How does that happen? Seriously? My house is spotless when I go upstairs and when I come down it looks like a tornado went through it. If we're being honest, It kind of undoes me.

Today as I was jogging with KK and we were talking about our day, I admitted to her that I dreaded cleaning up but I looked forward to getting to my studio. I thought to myself I could just skip cleaning, or maybe just do a little bit, or maybe just do it all really fast and not as well.Then I told KK that I was so thankful that the Lord didn't see cleansing my heart as a chore or something He could put off until tomorrow. I'm so  thankful that He promises in 1John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  I am so thankful that God is not rushing off to His art room, but instead rushing in to restore His relationship with me. I am human and I fail everyday, but God never grows weary of me and He never lacks forgiveness. Lamentations 3:22-23 says His mercy never fails, Great is Thy faithfulness. I love that!!

So when I'm picking up socks over and over and over again, or collecting tons of shoes from all over the house, I pray He gently reminds me of His overwhelming patience and tenderness for me. So today while I'm doing my fourth load of laundry I will be smiling.

Enjoy your thursday! Love love love Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Thank u for another illustration of our Daddy's love and motherhood. I will remember this!! Thanks so much! I am so excited for all your successes. You are so talented, a hard worker and so deserving! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!!!

    ReplyDelete