Monday, June 18, 2012

Bring on the Rain

Thank you for stopping by! I've just returned home from a week at the beach with my family. It was heavenly! I didn't do my phone, computer, email... nothing but my family! We laughed, read books, played games, exercised, fished, ate,...did I leave anything out? When I'm there, I never want to leave, but the closer I get to home I can hardly wait to be in my own bed!

One of my favorite things to do is exercise. I do, I love it. I also love the beach so the two of those things together are a pretty awesome combo. I so enjoy jogging while I am at the beach. To make it even more fabulous, KK jogged with me everyday. We had a really good thing going! We would jog three miles to Seaside and get a large unsweet tea with lemon and a chocolate muffin, people watch, window shop, and then Eddie would pick us up in the car.

One morning we talked fox into riding the bike with us while we jogged. There was a fabulous breeze and the temperature was a little cooler than normal. Once the three of us were on the bike path on 30A, we gave Fox the job of telling great stories and keeping watch behind us for bikers and runners that may need to pass. He was barely into his first story when he informed us not to look back. Of course we both immediately looked back and saw the sky was completely black. As the adult, I contemplated turning around, but the sky in front of us was gorgeous and that Ice tea had my name on it. So we decide to make a run for it!  The first two miles were fabulous, no rain, a little thunder, and we had wind pushing us making us feel like we were running a five minute mile. Then a streak of lightning hit and I immediately pulled over and asked Fox to call Eddie. While Fox was on the phone, KK and I decided the storm looked like it was going to blow over so we decided to keep going. So with a little over a mile to go we thought it would be fine. It began to sprinkle and people were clearing the bike path pretty quickly. We kept asking Fox to entertain us with stories and keep checking behind us. When the rain started to fall significantly harder, Fox laughed when we asked if anyone was behind us because we were the only people on the bike path. We were a solid half mile from our destination when the skies opened up rained so hard we could hardly see a foot in front of us. It really was fun. We laughed wondering what people were saying as they passed by in their cars. Fox still can't believe that no one asked us if we needed a ride. Believe it or not, we finally made it to Seaside, and that tea was so good and the muffin never tasted so good!

Last night on national news, some guy was being interviewed about a book he was writing on doubting the existence of God. He said no one can prove that God exists. He has obviously never run in the rain, or seen the sun rise, or seen the sun set over the ocean. My heart aches for that man that he doesn't trust God Almighty!  Isaiah 40:26 says "Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars. The One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; not one of them is missing."

God is great! All the time! Have you ever lost your breath watching a sunset or sunrise? Leave me a comment and tell me when? Love love love Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ruthie.... I had to tell you after spending the day at one of my Daddy's favorite places I came home late yesterday. I decided to go to his grave even though I know he isn't there to wish him a happy fathers day. I was pushing it because I knew the sun would be going down soon. Jeff the girls and I loaded up and made it just in time. As we left grave ...off in the distance the sun was slowing going down almost as if God was giving me just enough time with my Dad. It was huge and the most beautiful colors of dark orange yellow and red. Beautiful. Tears filled my eyes because I knew God painted it just for me as I left to remind me Julie I'm here... I am your Father.. and I have your Dad. Wow God is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! How precious! Thank you so much for sharing your heart! What a perfect memory you made with your sweet family yesterday! And completely wrapped in His presence and His glory! Your description of that sunset filled my heart with joy! I love you! R

    ReplyDelete