Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Time Flies

Time Flies













Luke is graduating tonight. Ok, I said it out loud and I'm still breathing. I'm just kidding, kind of. When my children were little people would constantly say " I remember when mine were that age, it goes by so fast!" or "You're going to blink and they will be headed for college!" Well, I must have blinked too many times because I now have three in college! How does that happen? The time really has flown! It truly seems like yesterday Luke was taking the "snack bucket" to kindergarten. He actually sent me a text after his exam that said "High school  is over...weird!" I lost my breath for a minute and had to swallow fourteen times to keep the lump out of my throat. I'm not going to lie, those women were right, 18 years seems like 18 minutes! Crazy, but it seems like last week they were   all under the age of five and we were playing with chalk in the driveway waiting for the ice cream truck! I'll never forget the day I took the twins home from the hospital. My sweet nurse was so worried about me having five itty bitties at home by myself! But if the truth be known, I could hardly wait to have all my little ducks at home! I definitely had my share of late nights and long days, but my heart is flooded with sweet memories of laughter and tender moments.










As I think about Luke walking down the isle for his diploma, I want to challenge moms to enjoy their children while they're at home no matter what their age! Their relationship with you and is the most important one they will have while they are young. So, make the most of every moment! Don't constantly farm them out to family and friends! Don't wish away teenage years! Instead, say "No" when someone asks you to volunteer. Say "No" to a girls weekend. Say "No" to that meeting and stay Home! Work puzzles, make forts. make masks out of paper plates, make cool desserts and rent movies. Nurture relationships at home. Then when you blink and they're headed for college you won't have a single regret.
A relationship takes time and effort. In other words, it's not easy, but it's worth it! My relationships with my husband and my children are treasures that I would die for in a heartbeat. If you have that, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't have it,  chase after it until you do! There's nothing like it! I'm off to graduation.
Love love love Ruthie

1 comment: