Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Voice










I could hardly wait to post this blog! Guess who still knows my voice? My Valentine! Saturday, Eddie was heading out to feed the cows and I couldn't get in the truck fast enough! A chance to see Valentine! I must admit, as we drove over to the pasture, I wondered if she would have anything to do with me, and crazy, but I wondered if I would even recognize her. I mean all of the babies are about the same size and the same color and really and truly, they all look pretty much the same.










We pulled into the pasture and all the girls came running for dinner. Oh my word! Guess who was bringing up the rear? Valentine and two of her new friends. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. The three of them side by side following the big girls. I called her name and the three of them stopped. For a half of a second I held my breath. She lifted her tail with this little loop in it and then mooed at me at the top of her lungs. Eddie and I laughed so hard. That little loop in her tail and that moo. I'd know her anywhere. When I called her name again she came running. She walked around and around and around me snuggling me and loving me. Eddie and I could not quit laughing. It thrilled my soul to love on her. Her new friends stood close by watching her get lots of love, and you could so tell that they wanted to get some love from me too, but every time they would get close they would chicken out and dart away. What a sweet day!










On the way home, I laughed at myself for wondering if I'd recognize Valentine or if she'd recognize my voice. There was no doubt which one she was. It's funny because I can't tell the other babies apart unless they're with there mamas. But because I've spent so much time with Valentine I see all the little things that make her different. Her fur is a little different, she has a loop in her tail in a certain spot, and her moo is her very own moo! And when I call her name I feel like I can almost see her smile as she kicks her hind legs and runs to where I am.










If you get a chance, read John 10:1-5.  It says that the shepherd "calls His own sheep by name, and leads them out... the sheep follow Him because they know His voice. And a stranger they simply will not follow, but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers."  Jesus is the shepherd. Do you know His voice? The more time I spend with Him the easier it is to hear His voice, and it is the sweetest sound I know. He calls you by name...He knows you. Ask Him to open your ears that you may hear His voice and follow Him.
Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment