Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Wrap Up










True LoveLove does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.
I Corinthians 13:6Hands down, my greatest joy is that my children have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Ever since our children were born, Eddie and I have worked to center our home around Christ. That sweetly resulted in our relationships being centered around Christ as well. That sounds good, but practically what does that look like? I thing the main thing would be that we talk about Jesus all the time. He is a very natural part of our conversations every day. We try to spend time in God's word each day. When my children were little, we listened to Steve Green's CDs that helped them to memorize scripture. Eddie and I use scripture to teach and encourage our children. We also use scripture every time we discipline. We pray spontaneously throughout the day. You get the idea. My point is that having a relationship with my daughters based on Christ has bonded us in a way like no other relationship can do. And that relationship has taught them to seek out other relationships based on Christ. In other words, because of our relationship and what they have experienced at home, when they leave home they gravitate towards christian friends with very similar character and morals. It's a cool thing!
I want to wrap up by saying a sweet relationship with your daughters priceless. If your have it, then you know. If you don't, it is never too late.
Do you remember when you brought your baby girl home from the hospital? She smelled so good and her little skin was so soft! Her little hand wrapped all the way around your finger. You could hold her and stare at her for hours and kiss her little head 1000 times. From the photo above you can see that my girls are big now. But they still smell so good and their skin is still soft. Their hands fit perfectly in mine and I kiss their cheeks every chance I get.The truth is, they never outgrow their need to be loved.
Everybody wants to be loved! The love that I've blogged about this week from I Cor. 13 is God.
God is love.
And when you allow Him to fill your heart completely with His indescribable love then it spills out in your home and in your relationships and gives you the power to truly love.
Without love, without God we are nothing.Thanks for coming along this week as I studied and prepared this lesson. I learned so much, and I hope you did too!
Leave me your thoughts and comments, I'd love to hear them!
love love love Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. I should have told you this at lunch today, but thank you for your sharing with us today at the PresWIC meeting. 1 Corinthians 13 is what my boys are memorizing right now, and you gave such a sweet reminder to me of how to try and live that out. God used you to convict and encourage me. I've enjoyed checking out your blog and love your artwork. Thanks again, Anna

    ReplyDelete