Thursday, September 19, 2013

Angels

[caption id="attachment_2038" align="alignleft" width="224"]My new angel. Approximately 5x12 on old pine barn wood. My new angel. Approximately 5x12 on old pine barn wood.[/caption]

I'm so glad you stopped by! After my fabulous day of tea parties, I cleaned house today....well, a little. Every time I walked by my studio door I could smell paint and hear my easel calling my name. Cleaning got cut short, and I spent the afternoon in my studio. The really fun part was that Paw Paw came out and painted with me. I can't wait to do his big reveal on his latest piece! You are going to love it. Anyway, while he worked on his painting I was busy painting angels and sheep. I have precious store owners waiting on me to fill a couple of orders and I've been a little slow to get that done. I love painting for gift shops. I love that you can purchase a piece of art for a gift without breaking the bank. I love that you can give a gift that is hand made. I also love to paint angels. For me, an angel is an awesome reminder of God's love and protection over us. Angels are mighty, and they are many. They are God's messengers. Remember when they appeared to the shepherds when Jesus was born. "And suddenly there was with the angels a multitude of heavenly hosts praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the Highest and on earth peace, goodwill toward men'" Can you even begin to imagine the incredible view in the heavens that night?

[caption id="attachment_2039" align="alignleft" width="224"]I only have 12 left, email or message me if you want one. $40 First come first serve. I only have 12 left, email or message me if you want one. $40 First come first serve.[/caption]

As I finished up my order, I had extra paint on my palette and not wanting to waste that, I created a different angel for me. It is painted on a piece of pine barn wood about an inch thick. I cut each piece about 5x 12 give or take a little. I painted each angel with a palette knife and put a hanger on the back. I finished each piece by putting a scripture on back...Psalm 91:11 He shall give His angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways. I have about 12 left. If you'd like one message me or email me through my blog! They are $40.00 and if you live in the United States I will ship to you free. I love thinking that you will have a piece of my heart in your home! Thank you! love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment