Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Little Sunshine

  I am so happy to be back! Thank you for stoping by yesterday and again today! Im loving being back writing! I am also so excited about upcoming projects. I'm working on a couple of commissions, I've got a valentine tutorial I can't wait to share, and I thought of the most fun February challenge ever! If you're thinking "what about January?" So am I. I kind of hold my breath and close my eyes the month of January because I really don't  like cold weather. That's why I posted these flowers I painted over Christmas. This painting makes me think of sunshine and summer. It's oil on gallery wrapped canvas 36x40. I love a little sunshine!

I needed a little sunshine today! Today my college children went back to school and my  high schoolers started back to class and my working girl has a real job all day! My home went from constant motion to absolute silence in about two seconds flat! I know it sounds silly, but I'm not sure what I'm feeling. Who am I kidding? I know exactly what I'm feeling, I'm weepy and sad! I asked Eddie to stay home and be my friend today. Sweet thing, he did stay around a little longer than usual and have an extra cup of coffee (he was sad too), but he eventually left me for work.

I miss having everyone home today. We have so much fun. Truly, there is never a dull moment when we are all together. It's funny, I've heard women say their children are so different from each other they just can't get along. But as I sit here thinking back over the holidays, it's the "differences" that we enjoy the most! Each one of us brings something different and special to the group. I love that Eddie brings strength and security, while the children each bring other wonderful qualities that are unique to their personality. Throw all those "different" amazing qualities into one big pot and stir them up and you have family! Pretty cool. I will miss the hustle and bustle of schedules and activities tonight, but I will love remembering every minute of our time together over the break! Don't be sad for me! The twins are keeping things hopping at our house! They also know that "every day is a holiday" at our house, so they will have to get homework done in between my wild ideas and crazy art experiments. Like I said, never a dull moment! Make every day a holiday at your house!

love love love Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All I can say is I feel the same. Jeff and I worked out at lunch and the first thing he said is have you heard from the girls? I came home to a empty quiet home and became weepy too. Looked over at our game table and thought about our family spades over holidays. Just miss OUR time. They are the icing that makes cake worth eating. Ill come be your friend... I'm due for a studio visit. LY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie! Thanks for reading my blog! We are kindred spirits when it comes to a lot of things, but especially our children! And yes! you definitely are over due for studio time! come come anytime! love love love R

    ReplyDelete