Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Friendship










A Commission for a Friend











Patti, Darby, and Lyn...Melissa and Laura left before I could get their  picture

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to tell you all about my day! Yesterday I spent the morning in my friend's kitchen watching her make bread from wheat berry grain. I am not exaggerating when I tell you I felt like I was on the Food Network. In the same way that I have millions of brushes and tubes of paint in my studio, Lyn has unbelievable appliances and gadgets on every square inch of counter space in her kitchen.  As I looked around Lyn's kitchen I realized this was her studio. Lyn began with some pretty impressive handouts, and then took 2 and 1/2 cups of wheat berry and in 50 seconds she had ground tiny seeds into about 3 cups of flour. Very cool! Then she mixed a bunch of ingredients including stuff like oil, honey, gluten, potato flakes, and all I am saying is about lunch time she pulled home made treasures from her oven that filled the kitchen with sweet aromas that awakened childhood memories of my grandmothers kitchen. Then Lyn graciously prepared and served me the most divine summer salad I'd ever tasted. It was as beautiful as it was delicious! I thoroughly enjoyed my cooking experience, But my favorite part was being with Lyn and watching her create magic in her studio. I wish you could have seen her! Whether she was kneading dough or greasing a loaf pan her eyes were like Christmas lights and her laughter was a constant reminder that she was completely in her element. I love Lyn's spirit of adventure! I love her fearlessness every time she takes on a new project! I love how she loves her husband and her children. I love her energy her passion and her conviction! And mostly I love her love  for the Lord! I cherish our friendship.
Think about your friendships. How many times did your mother tell you, and how many times have you told your own children, " You are like the company you keep!" It's true you know! I do believe you love everyone, But when it comes to choosing, what my family calls "weekend friends", your closest friends, you should find those people that think like you do, believe what you do, and have similar convictions. Proverbs 12:26 says The righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the wicked leads them astray.  Where are your friends leading you? More importantly where are you leading your friends? "Weekend Friends" are few and far between. When you find one hang on to them. Love them. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times. Grow and nurture that relationship. Protect that relationship. It takes time. It takes effort and sometimes even sacrifice. But at the end of the day the rewards of a true friend are priceless. A sweet friend is a treasure! To my sweet friends, I love love love you! Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment