Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recycled Valentine

I'm so glad you stopped by! It's really cold today so I thought it would be a perfect day to make valentines again today. I promised no sewing this time, and I stayed true to that promise. Today I thought I would encourage you to use things you already have at home. All you need is an old magazine, scissors, glue, and a little imagination. Let's get started.

IMG_3014

To begin this project, I got an old magazine, a pair of scissors, glue and an old piece of stationary that I wasn't going to use. I decided to use the piece of stationary for the base of my card. You could easily make a card from construction paper, card stock paper, an old greeting card, or even a postcard. The idea is to use something you already have at home.

IMG_3016

I love this photograph. I took ten minutes and cut my favorite colors out of the magazine. I cut lots of greens, pinks, reds, and some black and white, I cut some text in order to create text on my card when I'm done. TIP: cut as much if not all your paper all at one time.  It saves a lot of time and makes it easier to create your design when it's done ahead of time.

IMG_3017

I chose to use the color green to make the background of my valentine. I love pink and green together, so I'm thinking I will do pink hearts to go with my background. I also decided to frame my card. I chose a black and white border so not to take away from my design. Since I had already cut all my paper ahead of time, glueing my background took about 5 minutes. Now for my design.IMG_3019

I took all my pink colored papers and glued it down in the shape of a big heart. I used my text to say "Be Mine." I could not stand it, I had to embellish with a permanent marker. It's all I can do not to paint it as well. But I really wanted to show you how to create a fabulous valentine with very little tools.

IMG_3020

Okay, I couldn't stand it. I pulled out a few stamps and permanent ink and stamped my design. I love it!!!! IMG_3021

Quick and easy! You may not have any stamps, but you could paint it, add glitter, what ever you have. The sky is the limit. Use your imagination. So fabulous!

IMG_3023

I made another one. Same process as the first one with a little paint. I made this one with a black background and it was so dark. I added a little white paint and I lightened it up, and I love it!!!

You have to admit this was really easy to do. I hope this inspires you to get an old magazine and a little glue and create sweet notes filled with love. I had so much fun making these and I will make more. I will definitely pull out paint next time. I miss paint! I love paint! Have fun with this and send me your pics! I'd love to see what you come up with! Have fun creating! love love love Ruthie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment