Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Day!

[caption id="attachment_2149" align="aligncenter" width="584"]This is the first thing you see when you come in my back door. Everybody comes to my back door. Come on in. This is the first thing you see when you come in my back door. Everybody comes to my back door. Come on in.[/caption]

Happy New Day! Come in and get warm! I wanted to share a few photos from my home with you. I put this boxwood wreath on an old cabinet door that I've had for years. I am eventually going to make it a head board, but today it sits at my back door welcoming friends. I am going to leave it year round, and even enjoy it as it turns brown.

[caption id="attachment_2148" align="aligncenter" width="584"]Flowers in a galvanized bucket from Mary Cam's wedding. They welcomed friends on a bench by my back door during the holidays. Flowers in a galvanized bucket from Mary Cam's wedding. They welcomed friends on a bench by my back door during the holidays.[/caption]

For my first post of the new year, I thought about saying the expected "happy new year," but I think that's so overwhelming. I don't love thinking about my life in terms of years. I'm a "live in the moment" kind of girl. I love thinking about my life in the every day.

[caption id="attachment_2147" align="aligncenter" width="584"]Just for the holidays, I filled my lanterns with flowers from Mary Cam's wedding. Sweet reminders of her precious wedding. Just for the holidays, I filled my lanterns with flowers from Mary Cam's wedding. Sweet reminders of her precious wedding.[/caption]

I am not saying that setting goals for the new year is not important or having a savings account for a future purchase is not a fabulous idea. I just believe when you focus so hard on "the year," it's easy to miss the joy of the every day!

[caption id="attachment_2146" align="aligncenter" width="584"]I love this boxwood wreath. I  hung it for Christmas above my kitchen sink and it will stay forever, even when it turns brown. I absolutely love it! I love this boxwood wreath. I hung it for Christmas above my kitchen sink and it will stay forever, even when it turns brown. I absolutely love it![/caption]

I absolutely love waking up each morning wondering what will fill each moment of the day.  I have routine things I do everyday like office hours, laundry, cleaning house, preparing meals, and so forth, but it's the magical moments in between that I love love love.

[caption id="attachment_2143" align="aligncenter" width="584"]This still sits in the middle of my island. I think I will keep it year round. I love the color and of course the sparkle and shine. This still sits in the middle of my island. I think I will keep it year round. I love the color and of course the sparkle and shine.[/caption]

It is the unexpected phone call from a friend, or a conversation with the girl that bagged my groceries that I think is so much fun. Sometimes it's a 75% off sale at my favorite store or finding $10 in my pocket and picking up lunch. It can be as simple as sending hugs and kisses to my children in a text or actually writing a note of an encouragement to someone that needs a pick me up.

[caption id="attachment_2144" align="aligncenter" width="584"]This was my garland on my stairs. I love twinkle lights more than anything. I did throw this away, but I'm considering putting lights back up! This was my garland on my stairs. I love twinkle lights more than anything. I did throw this away, but I'm considering putting lights back up![/caption]

I love a clean house, but sometimes opening your home on the spur of the moment is a cool thing. Open your home, share your dinner, listen more, laugh out loud. Those are the every day moments that somehow pass us by if we aren't looking.

[caption id="attachment_2145" align="aligncenter" width="584"]This is one of my favorite wreaths. It was a gift. It sits year round on a gorgeous wooden tray by my front door. It's about 6x6 in size. Love love This is one of my favorite wreaths. It was a gift. It sits year round on a gorgeous wooden tray by my front door. It's about 6x6 in size. Love love[/caption]

So I say "Happy New Day! Every Day!" Enjoy your day. Keep your eyes wide open to see the precious love notes that God so graciously puts in your path all day every day.

[caption id="attachment_2141" align="aligncenter" width="584"]This is a magnolia wreath above my mantle. I've had it two years and I love it more every day. The color is yummy. This is a magnolia wreath above my mantle. I've had it two years and I love it more every day. The color is yummy.[/caption]

This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!                                 Enjoy your day. Expect magical moments.

[caption id="attachment_2142" align="aligncenter" width="584"]My tree was dreamy with lights and color. I am sad it is no longer in my den! I loved it! My tree was dreamy with lights and color. I am sad it is no longer in my den! I loved it![/caption]

Thank you so much for stopping by! I have missed y'all! I hope you enjoyed being in my home as much as I enjoyed having you! love love love Ruthie

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment