Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Fall Project

 I love this fun project and thought you would enjoy making one like it. Get out your mod podge and get started. I can't wait to see what you come up with! You will need a piece of MDF or canvas board (whatever you have is fine) decorative paper, old book pages, acrylic paint, craft paint brush, stamps, ink pad, permanent pen, and of course, mod podge to hold it all together! Have fun!!!

 

 I started with a piece of MDF size 6x6. I gathered paint,brushes,paper,scissors,modpodge



I used mod podge to attach decorative paper to the MDF. I created a border with contrasting paper and torn book pages and pasted them directly to the paper on the MDF with mod podge. Then I cut shapes to go on the MDF.



Once I cut all my shapes I added paint to the cut shapes and paper on the MDF.



I love paint! Paint the paper with different shades of green and orange. Be brave! You can't mess this up! Put paint where ever you like.



It's beginning to take shape. Glue cut shapes to the MDF. As fabulous as   the paint looks, it's way to clean. Find your ink pad and stamps and stamp away!



Be brave! Stamp! Stamp! Stamp!



Keep stamping. I also used bubble wrap and stamped a few white polka dots.



Keep stamping and add text, anything you like.



Use a permanent black pen to sketch around shapes and add detail.



I drilled holes on each side and used a thin gauge wire to make a hanger. I added some green glass beads to give it a little something extra. I love the way it turned out!



Wire is a quick and easy way to hang this piece of art. I wrapped mine 3 times.



I love the way it turned out! I do! I love love love it! It was fun and easy! Try it! Get out all your craft stuff and get going! Please leave me a comment or a photo! I can hardly wait to see what you do! This actually makes me wish for fall! Have fun with it! Enjoy!

Happy Fall Y'all! Love love love Ruthie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment