Thursday, July 12, 2012

Twelve Days

[caption id="attachment_1331" align="alignleft" width="300"] SOLD[/caption]

Hi! I am so glad you stopped by! It's been a while since I posted and it's great to be back! Last week my husband and I found ourselves with no children at home. We actually had about twelve days to ourselves. Before you read any further, if you found yourself in that exact situation, what would you do? How would you spend your twelve days? Seriously, think about it!

Honestly, I probably contemplated every single idea that you just dreamed about. However, considering we'd already taken vacation with our family, we had a very limited budget, my husband still had to go to work, my grand plans were shrinking by the second! At the last minute my sister graciously gave us her beach house. Perfect! We packed a bag, hooked up the boat, and headed for the coast for a couple of days! It did not matter that the forecast called for rain every day or that we were experiencing record breaking temperatures, I had my man all to myself! We had the most amazing time! We ate fun food, we walked, we talked, we caught big fish, and my personal favorite we watched the sun go down over the ocean every night! Fabulous!

Do you remember when you fell in love? It was so fun! You had this awesome dating relationship where you did fun spontaneous things like sneak out on the golf course at midnight and eat ice cream or picnic under a waterfall. Then you have this amazing wedding and then life happens. You actually have to go to work or drive carpool and the  spontaneous is now scheduled in a day timer. "Life" is a good thing, it's just loud and fast and takes a lot of time and energy. But it's how you do life every day that makes the "twelve days" fabulous! Life is fun and busy and fast paced and it's filled with lots of people, I get that! But if we don't make a conscious effort to nourish relationships at home with our children and particularly our spouses, then when we get "twelve days" we won't enjoy the time. That's a fact. Take ten minutes every day and be intentional towards your spouse. Seriously! Try it! For ten minutes look him or her in the eyes and listen, ask questions, laugh out loud and enjoy. Get up a little earlier just one morning and share a cup of coffee. Instead of lunch with friends pursue your spouse for lunch. Who doesn't want to be pursued? We make time for those things that are important. Where are you spending your time? Be intentional! Make a date this week!

Leave a comment on how you were intentional towards your spouse this week! I would love to hear!                                                                            love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment