Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dinner for Two

[caption id="attachment_1351" align="alignleft" width="300"] Brown onions on high in 4 tablespoons of butter[/caption]

Ahhhh! I have never posted a recipe, but this was worth the post! I don't lay awake at night thinking about cooking, but I do love to cook things and have my family ooh and ahhh over it. Anyway, tonight is my last weekend night with my man by myself and I really wanted it to be special. This night called for fabulous food, christmas lights and a table set for two! The christmas

[caption id="attachment_1352" align="alignleft" width="300"] Add heavy cream and crumbled blue cheese[/caption]

lights were sparkling, the table was set but the food part was up in the air. I turned to the Pioneer woman. I do love her recipes! I can actually cook them and they turn out! I found a recipe for grilled ribeyes on an onion blue cheese sauce. It looked so good! The Pioneer Woman takes you through the recipe step by step. Honestly there is no way to mess this one up.  I

[caption id="attachment_1353" align="alignleft" width="300"] Put sauce on the plate and lay your steak right on top![/caption]

also remembered seeing that a friend of mine had made it and posted it on her blog ,thespoonfulblog. She gave it a thumbs up so I decided it must be a winner. It was amazing! I have so enjoyed being with my man these past couple of weeks. I have kind of had a peek into the empty nest thing. I must admit my heart experienced a roller coaster of emotions. I absolutely adored having my husband all to myself! It was like having a two week date! Then there were moments I was sad because I missed our children and all the action around the house. Then I experienced guilt for enjoying the quiet slow paced day. Then there were times of feeling lonely and other times I enjoyed being alone. Some days I was horrible inefficient with my time and other days I was the over achiever. Whew, is that exhausting or what? Weird. I truly went from 5 children to no children and it turned my world upside down. A good upside down. I learned a lot about myself...another blog for  another day. But for now, I'm enjoying dinner for two! Try the recipe! Fire up the grill, add sparkling lights, and set your table for two!

Thank you for stopping by! love love love Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Roller coaster is the perfect description. Ups and downs. Enjoy your post. Hope to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete