Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Senior Girls 2


My senior girls! I love you for being so kind and attentive last wednesday night. It wasn't until I got in the car with the twins and they informed me that teaching the entire hour was an absolute NO! So funny!
I'm loving that we are doing art journals together to document the year. This is my page for this week. I hope it inspires you to complete your page and journal a few thoughts.
Tonight we talked about sin. Let me ask you two questions. First, Do you sin? (Romans 3:23 -For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God) So the obvious answer is yes. The question of the day is "How do you feel about your sin?" Think about that for a minute before you answer.
One time when I was about 5 or 6 yrs old, I remember disobeying my daddy. I don't remember what I had done, but I vividly remember him sending me to my room to wait for him. As I sat on my bed staring at the yellow flowers on my bed spread, I was overcome with sadness. Tears were uncontrollably running down my cheeks. Yes I knew that I was going to be spanked, but my heart physically ached because my actions had hurt my daddy. When he came in my room his eyes were filled with water and I knew he didn't want to spank me. With tears still streaming down my face I voluntarily leaned over his knee and received my punishment. When it was over I could not get into his arms fast enough to ask his forgiveness and tell him I loved him. My daddy's big strong arms held me close that day, and his tender heart had already forgiven me.
Today when you sin against your heavenly Father how does it affect your heart? Do you quickly ask forgiveness and move on to the next thing or do you truly repent and grieve over hurting His heart? Do you take time from your busy schedule to be still and rest in His arms? Psalm 63:3 His lovingkindness is better than life. My lips will praise Thee.
I love you! Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment