Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring is Here!

[caption id="attachment_1869" align="alignleft" width="236"]24x30 Oil on gallery wrapped canvas 24x30 Oil on gallery wrapped canvas[/caption]

I'm so glad you stopped by! Spring has made a spectacular entrance into Alabama! Can you even stand it?! The blue sky, the warm sun, the perfect breeze, and breathtaking colors everywhere! I want to be outside all day! I even called my children in college yesterday and told them to get outside! And I love that it changes everyday! Always something new to see! Flowers are constantly blooming, and new green grass is peeking through the ground everyday. I adore watching all the birds on parade in their amazing coats of color. Even the ones whose colors are not as bold make up for it in sweet songs. Have you even noticed the sights and sounds of Spring? Yes, I know, pollen has painted everything bright yellow, and allergy sufferers are suffering! But have you really seen the beauty outside your front door? It is absolutely, positively fascinating! A week ago my grass was brown, the sky was gray and it was so quiet. It was like a black and white photograph. Then overnight color burst out everywhere and there was literally music in the air. Everywhere! Gorgeous!

Yesterday I was at my child's tennis match. I was so thankful to be outside! I think everybody else was too. There was a soccer match and a softball game going on at the same time as the tennis. People were everywhere. There seemed to be more talking and laughing. Games were over and people were hanging around a little longer to visit with friends. It's so much fun to be outside in the spring.

It was nearing 6:00pm as I sat watching tennis, and I hadn't given dinner for my family the first thought. I was completely lost in the warmth and beauty of the afternoon. How could anybody deny that there is a God? No human, no "explosion" can create the stunning views of this world. Are you not seriously amazed at every intricate detail in creation? We witness miracles everyday! Just the mere fact that the sun comes up every morning is a miracle! It is awesome! God is sovereign over all things! He is awesome! "IN the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1 And it was good! God is great! Today when you are rushing around doing your day, promise me you will stop for just even a minute and notice the handiwork of God Almighty! Stand in awe! He is something! Enjoy Him today, and His gift to you in creation!

Enter His gates with thanksgiving! love love love Ruthie

2 comments:

  1. This afternoon I found myself catching up on your blog but I hadn't read since Mary cam's engagement. I am blessed in so many ways by the things that you choose to share on your blog. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Lindsey! I think about you alot when I get emails from Wrapsody. I wonder how that sweet baby boy is and how you are doing! Enjoy every minute...it really does go by too fast! Thank you for reading my blog! your comments always touch my heart! Love to you!!! R

    ReplyDelete