Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Change in Schedule (Day 6 in November Challenge)

 I am so glad you stopped by. One of my favorite stories is one my daughter shared with me a couple of summers ago. Mary Cam was a camp counselor and teaching tennis to a group of little girls one afternoon. She told me it was unusually hot that day and her girls were struggling to enjoy playing tennis. She decided what they needed was a change in schedule. They put their rackets away, filled their water bottles, and followed Mary Cam for an adventure. She took them on a short hike into the woods and on to a swinging bridge. With beautiful scenery a lots of shade, the girls all laid on the bridge and laughed and sang songs and told stories. Mary Cam said it was the best day ever!

I think more times than not, we find ourselves with schedules to keep and lists to complete. We are exhausted Monday through Friday and we live for the weekend just to catch our breath. Sometimes a change in schedule is all you need to recharge your battery. It could be lunch with a friend, or a jog around your neighborhood, or even a power nap. Whatever change you make can be the difference between a good day and a bad day. Today I am thankful for a change in my schedule. I played hookie from my normal day and took my daughter out of school and spent the day with her! We had the best time ever. We talked and laughed and shopped and ate and had a ball. It felt like we were on vacation! A change in schedule turned an ordinary wednesday into something really special!

What does your week look like? See if you can carve out a little time to do something different. Spice it up a little. It doesn't have to take all day or cost a lot of money. It can be just about anything. Spend time with your child or your spouse. Eat lunch with someone you don't see very often or make a phone call to an out of town friend. Take a painting class or an exercise class you've been wanting to try. The point is a change in your schedule can do wonders! I am so thankful for the change in my schedule today! KK and I made a memory today that will last a lifetime! Try it! love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment