Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Be Brave! Create!










Blue Vase
Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
I have loved thinking about you and wondering how you were using your gifts. I hope you were encouraged by my last couple of posts to not only acknowledge your gifts, but to use them. I think more often than not we know deep in our heart what our gifts are, but we are fearful to let others see our gifts. Why is that? I believe plain and simple we don't want to be rejected. We look around and compare and think everyone else is more talented or more creative, so we convince ourselves we are worthless. I want to tell you, that is a list your are creative! You are talented and you can do whatever you put your mind to. Start by telling one friend what your gifts are and how you want to nurture your gifts. Don't apologize or make excuses for your gifts. Clear your throat and say it out loud with confidence. Search out others who do what you do for support and encouragement.
Just two days ago I had a conversation with an incredibly talented girl who was in a slump and doubting herself. What a treat for me to get to listen to her and then encourage her to stay her course and follow her dreams. I surprised her with a new sketch a book and she's on her way, actually doing an online class.
I know so many women who have taken their gifts and done really cool things. The only difference between you and them is that they've taken that "next step." Some of my friends are cooking, some are writing, some are sewing, and some are just painting at there kitchen table. You are gifted! You are amazing! Be brave! Create!
Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment