Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful blog #9










Simple Things
Can you tell from my photo what I"m thankful for today? Look again. I'm laughing out loud right now thinking about what you are thinking. I truly could have blogged a hundred things I'm thankful for today, but I chose something I love love love. Today I'm thankful for...clean sheets. For some of you reading this, "clean sheets" might have been a let down. However, for others of you, you know what I'm talking about. Ahhh to crawl in bed after a long day and have those sheets pulled tight yet incredibly soft and not to mention they smell like heaven. Sometimes I wonder if I love it so much why don't I wash them every day.  Maybe I wouldn't appreciate them as much. I don't know, but I do know I look forward to going to bed when I have freshly washed sheets. There is nothing finer! Really the only word I can think of is "yummy." I love clean sheets.
As I was thinking about sharing this blog today, I thought "clean sheets" sounds so silly to be my thing I'm thankful for today. But really so many times it's the simple things that make us smile or make our day a little more special. I think we get so busy we don't take the time to appreciate the small things. Like a smile from a cashier or an encouraging word from a friend, or even a goodbye kiss in the morning. It's those simple, ordinary things that make our day extraordinary. So open your eyes, see the world differently. Notice the simple things and be thankful for clean sheets.
I'm thankful you stopped by! Love love love Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment